ALCS Game 1, Rangers at Astros

I don’t live in Nexas much less in the Neckoplex so it’s hard for them to supplant the Yankees in my world. But I take your point.

JV and the pen did their job.

Yordan looked like he never considered they would nibble.

And Tucker looked like he’s looked the entire postseason.

And WTF Altuve?

1 Like

JV historically gets little run support. He’d have to pitch a shutout just to make the contest competitive.

1 Like

They need that and to jump on Eovaldi

I’ll be shocked if they manage to scratch out even a single run.

1 Like

I get that every emotion and outcome are magnified 1000x in the postseason.

But that offense tonight was worse than Ebola.

2 Likes

Tucker has been complete dog shit for a month now. They cannot win with him like this, especially when Dusty insists on sitting two of his three best hitters.

My prediction - Framber shits the bed tomorrow, the Astros take three in Oklahoma, then the Rangers close it out back in Necktown.

Then the Phillies win it all 4-2.

And they’re gonna have to do it against Eovaldi because ain’t no fucking way they dent that Ranger bullpen.

The offense sucked tremendously but this team has been down 1-0 before. Never count this team out until it is over.

3 Likes

It’s pretty hilarious that Dusty thinks Dubon’s defense in CF is worth sacrificing Brantley’s bat. I mean…

2 Likes

Was there a reason Brantley wasn’t in?

The Ranger pen? Isn’t that the worst pen in baseball?

Perhaps, a rare use of hyperbole here.

That assumes a rational thought process resulted in his being benched. It might have been a gut feeling like abdominal flatus coursing thru the alimentary tract. Brantley might have been the sacrificial player whose name starts with “B”

Not one of the big boys, I reckon.

1 Like

The Rangers have trailed for a grand total of one half inning this Postseason. That “worst pen” has shut down every team they’re faced.

2 Likes

Montgomery is the one slapdick starter they have, and he castrated the Astros last night.

Anybody can get got.

1 Like

They can. They had the best chance at “gotting” Montgomery. Not they gotta “got” Eovaldi, Heaney, and Scherzer. They’d better get busy “gotting”. Tonight.