After two games

I am thinking 162-0. Peña will not be another Correa, but he will be the first Peña, and I could not be more pleased. I liked Montero and Siri last year, and I see no reason to change my opinion today. Bite the bullet, and release Baez. He is done, sad to say. I would like to see Altuve the great hitter again sometime soon. Welcome back, Tucker. Double welcome back, Bregman!

Starting pitching remains a ? for me. I wish we had one more top arm. Maybe Urquidy/Garcia will become that, but they still are works in progress. After they see how well Meyers did with his rehab, I think they should trade him or Chas. My horseback opinion is Jake stays, but he has to be 100%. Siri should be the alt starter in CF with whichever one remains. Jake O.? Dunno. 5th starter for now, I guess. I like the looks of the bullpen and the bench.

Come on, JV! Be healthy! I so much like seeing you in the Astros uni.

7 Likes

Spring, the sweet spring, is the year’s pleasant king;
Then blooms each thing, then maids dance in a ring,
Cold doth not sting, the pretty birds do sing:
Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, tu-witta-woo!

Thomas Nashe, on the start of the baseball season, c. 1590

5 Likes

There once was a girl from Nantucket….

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck the Yankees
And the Dodgers too

11 Likes

Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, tu-witta-woo!
Fuck the Yankees, and the Dodgers too!

1 Like

A healthy Bregman is such an important factor.

He’s looked like himself at the plate and in the field.

3 Likes

And Peña going yard while his parents were being interviewed was fantastic.

What a moment.

4 Likes

Double, double
Toil and trouble
I forget the rest
But Mike Fiers is a pedophile

2 Likes

2 down.

Almost everything is positive.

When did Altuve become a Strikeout machine? I hope its just small sample size.

The bullpen looks very good without ( despite?) Baez. Acknowledge the mistake- all trams make them- and get out now. At least he isn’t $28 mil like Upton.

Pena has held his own.

Biggest " YES !! Thank you" so far is Bregman’s health and play in field and batters box.

If one or all of the CF can be consistent and league average or better and Lance gets andc stays healthy this could be a very very good year

And Bregman gets a night off this evening, booo

Totally baffling.

Agree, I somewhat understand coming off the injuries, but why not wait until Yuli is back.

Against Syndergaard too