Aches, Pains and Muscle Strains 2021

A planned day off for a guy that hasn’t worked in a month and a half. That’s not fishy is it?

I declare shenanigans!

But I saw him in the press box! I may or may not have waved. Also caught some of the 1300 pbp on my way home because I had to leave early due to wife getting locked out of her car with the engine running. That was not fun.

Man, that Skeeters lineup can mash. I’m about ready to call it a day on Robel and see what CJ Hinojosa can do at the next level.

I saw Baez tonight for the inning he pitched. Scoreless inning helped by a DP, but he never touched 90.

ETA: Josh James pitched the 9th and looked much more ready to help than did Baez.

2 Likes

From what I understand, Baez does not have options like James does.

I have no clue.

I just looked it up.

Baez has no options so therefore must be activated or waived as soon as his rehab ends.

The pitchers on the active roster who are able to be sent down so he can be activated:

Framber, L.Garcia, Javier, Stanek, Taylor. And Maton.

Based on that list, Maton or Javier would be the likely player sent down if they activate Baez, or they DFA Raley, which is my preferred scenario.

Based solely on my one observation of Baez last night, which included a grand total of 3 outs, he is not ready to help the Astros. My sample size could not be smaller, and I defer to those who are working with him, of course.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Baez will come up with shoulder stiffness or some kind of discomfort that allows them to put him back on the IL and buy some more time.

If he’s not still not hitting 90 with his fastball after a few rehab appearances, I don’t see him helping the club this season at all, at a minimum.

Well there is the roster move.

It sucks for Yuli. I hope its just 10 days and he’s back.

The writing is also on the wall for Robel. I don’t know if Wilson will be any better, but they have had lots of time and PA to evaluate Robel.

They know he is not the answer.

I look forward to Taylor Jones getting regular PA for a week or so. I still see a productive major leaguer in him, even if it’s not as a regular starter.

There is an answer on Hinojosa too.

1 Like

The lineup is out. Better than yesterday.

I’m calling it now - Taylor Jones will be the star of the game and the Astros win 8-3

1 Like

Yep, I completely forgot about him because he was just put on the AAA roster and hadn’t even played yet after that waiver claim earlier this week.

Who gets activated first:

Bregman or Yuli?

Absolutely right.

As long as we can keep our head above water as we are doing now, I’d rather not see Bregman until he is 100%. I don’t see a scenario where we win a World Series without him in the lineup, so if it takes until September to get him right, hold him out another month for all I care.

3 Likes

We have been fine without him, and he was not exactly tearing it up before he left.