7/20 Astros @ Kansas City

End 6
5-1 Astros

Straw
Altuve(?)
Bregman(?)

due

This will be my last half inning. Gotta take the doggo for a walk now that it’s cooled down a bit.

Bobby Witt Jr. Royals first round pick, now playing short.

Greg Holland in to pitch.

Straw takes one on the inside corner, strike one. Ball one, outside. Straw pokes one down the RF line, drop shot drops in in front of Franchy Cordero, Miles easily cruises in to 2nd with a double.

You know what’s not a good look? This beard without a mustache thing a lot of these guys have working. It’s just weird.

Nick Tanileu hitting for Altuve, takes strike one. RIPPED foul down the LF line. Matt Reynolds in at 2nd and Bubba Starling in CF for the Royals. 0-2 fouls back a heater right down the middle. MJ Melendez has taken over catching duties for the Royals as well. Fastball in, 1-2. Breaker in. Low and away, did he go? Nope! 3-2. Inside corner fastball popped to shallow CF, 1 out.

Agreed. Absolutely awful looking.

Where the fuck is Toro? Hitting for Bregman, apparently.

Straw on 2nd, 1 out. Straw takes 3rd about as easily as you can. Breaking ball was low and Melendez had no chance to throw him out. Fouls back a center cut heater, 1-1. Swings over a low fastball, 1-2. Swings through a center cut breaking ball, 2 outs. Woof.

Toro got a cement mixer and missed by a foot.

No idea who is up, but ball one gets away from Melandez and Straw scores easily.
6-1 Astros. Chas McCormick apparently is up. 1-0. Fouls back a dead red heater. Breaking ball lifted to medium center, 3 outs.

Mid 7
6-1 Astros

That’s it for me. Not bad for my first outing of the season. Somebody bring it home.

Are they gonna play Take Me Out To The Ball Game at the stretch?

B7: Sneed still on…

Soler punches out looking at a good heater

B7: Melendez tries to check his swing, but goes around on an eye high fastball

B7: Gordon grounds out 4-3 behind 2B.

6-1 Astros

T8: Fillmyer takes the pill for the Royals…

Taylor Jones, whoever that is, grounds out sharply 6-3

T8: Mayfield singles to LF

T8: Ferguson…0-2…punches out on a slider in the dirt.

T8: Tucker grounds into the shift into shallow RF, second baseman fields it, but Tucker beats it for a single, Mayfield to 2B.

T8: Garneau grounds into 5U fielders choice on the first pitch.

Mid 8: 6-1 Astros

IIRC, Taylor Jones had a good year for RR.

B8: Franco, who sports one of hideous beards… 0-2…takes one on the inside corner for ball one…grounds out 5-3

Doofus Royals announcers are astounded that Cy Sneed’s birth name is…get this…“Cy Sneed”