2024 Roster

To paraphrase The Joker:
This team needs an enema.

1 Like

I should point out that I would say this is only for rentals. If they could get someone under control for next season - like Tyler Anderson - I would be fine with that.

Jim Bowden - massive pile of salt

Says Astros have checked in on both Pete Alonso and Paul Goldschmidt. Both are free agents after the season. Alonsoā€™s numbers are down but still pretty good. Goldschmidt is having his first bad season, and itā€™s been really rough so far

Such bullshit.

5 Likes

Never. Tweet.

ETA: Karma decided to wait for 5 years and a championship?

4 Likes

Karma lurks for an indeterminate amount of time, then springs out suddenly to catch us all by surprise.

1 Like

She seems nice.

1 Like

Back To School" - Sam Kinison on Make a GIF

The karma part is bullshit. I do think Luhnow is a better GM than Click was and I trust him more than I do Brown. Too early to say how good Brown will be, he didnā€™t create this mess. Do they win in 22 with Luhnow? I donā€™t fucking know, itā€™s impossible to say. Do they crash this year if Luhnow never left? Again, I donā€™t fucking know, but my hunch is probably not.

3 Likes

My guess is that Luhnow would not have done the Montero or Abreu deals. He would have had to do something to fill those needs, and that would have required money, but I doubt as much money would have been tied up, and some extra cash would be helpful in light of all the pitching injuries.

But thatā€™s not the reality we find ourselves in now. It will be interesting to see how they try to right the ship.

Losing several of the guys that were under Luhnow was a bigger loss than losing Luhnow.

6 Likes

That Elias guy seems pretty good

6 Likes

I think Lunhow was a great GM as far as building the team but the karma comment is ridiculous. Iā€™m not sure who is most to blame for this season but Espada has been an absolute train wreck for a manager. His lineups, his usage of the bullpen, and overall in game managing (making the same mistakes over and over) has really hurt the team. Part of the blame also has to go on Brown/Crane for thinking the team had enough starting pitching. You also canā€™t let Neris, Stanek, and Maton walk while adding Hader and expect the bullpen to be better. The teamā€™s biggest recent loss? That was losing Strom after 2022.

7 Likes

Foul pole dinger in the 7th inning of G7 was karma, Mrs L.

3 Likes

Other than that heā€™s been fantastic.

2 Likes

ā€¦because I know thatā€™s the popular theory. Unfortunately, itā€™s a little hard for me to believe.

Because I WAS THERE! IN THE MUD, DUKING IT OUT WITH YANKEESā€¦

If the Astrosā€™ decline this year is karma for anything, itā€™s for hiring Luhnow in the first place, not for firing him.

1 Like

Too soon.

2 Likes

WAY WAY WAY too soon.

1 Like