2024 Roster

yes it is his fault. He is the one who shot the albatros and must be given to the depths.

2 Likes

And while you’re at it throw that loser t-roy overboard with him.

1 Like

This - every bit of this!

I basing it on the fact that we have lost.

How did Abreu contribute in those games?

Abreu’s individual performance this season has been atrocious. You can’t escape it no matter how you personal emotions and feelings are about the man.

1 Like

Not sure you’ll find anyone here that disagrees with that. It’s your other conclusions that people disagree with.

1 Like

How did the rest of the team contribute in those games?

I have no personal emaotions or feelings about the man. I just see other issues more pressing than him.

My issue is simply replacing him, doesn’t solve the bullpen issues, the injuries at starting pitcher.

Do you realize that even with Abrue playing “atrocious”, the Astros have the best batting average in all of MLB, 5th highest OBP, 6th highest slugging, third most hits, fewest strike outs and 5th most HR. With the exception of timely hitting by historically strong hitters the offense isn’t an issue.
(Yordan is hitting .167/.263/292 with 1 HR with RISP
Altuve is hitting .233/.298/.326 with 1 HR with RISP
Bregman is hitting .235/.281/.314 with 1 HR with RISP)

Meanwhile they have the 6th worst ERA, lowest number of saves, 4th worst WHIP and have given up 62 HR (10th worst).

Replacing him right now won’t solve the most pressing issues this team has. Releasing him doesn’t free up any money under the luxury tax to sign someone else. So I don’t get the pitchfork and torch treatment you came in with.

3 Likes

Look, basically you meant to say “amen!” in church but instead yelled “hell yeah!”

3 Likes

I’m confused by the rules. With the win today, is he still a loser?

6 Likes

Yes, he pitched, hit, fielded and managed atrocious.

I agree with your general premise about the pitching being a bigger issue than the offense but the Astros just lost three games to the division leader where they allowed nine total runs because they scored five. Also, they have scored three runs or less in 25 of their 32 losses and 28 games total (half their games). They may have great metrics, but the offense has been way too feast or famine. That has to change if they would like to get back in the race before the trade deadline.

1 Like

It’s a start.

Fair but it’s not like the run production has been off the charts.

I understand but Abreu’s performance has been particularly egregious.

I’m missing the disconnect here.

2 Likes

No one is arguing with that. It is simply wrong to say that he is the main reason as to why the Astros have struggled this year. He can’t hang a curveball in the 8th inning against the opposing team.

2 Likes

I never said he’s the “main reason”. He’s just a big reason. When he’s on the game, he’s a vortex of bad play and bad energy. He needs to go.

I must be misunderstanding this garbage.

1 Like