2024 Roster

Every team in the division has a negative run differential

Rooting for the man. Hopefully he has one more good run in him.

9 Likes

Itā€™s been reported that Jose Abreu is a good human being. Iā€™m rooting for him to return to some semblance of being a good baseball hitter.

1 Like

Loperfido is not getting playing time because Meyers has been so good and Chas is now healthy and earned a long leash last year.

Apparently they donā€™t view Joey as an acceptable option at 1B. I donā€™t know why.

However saying he has been one of the best hitters since he came up is a pretty superficial view.

He has a .571 BABIP which means he has been extremely lucky - nearly twice MLB average lucky.

He has also struckout 39.5% of the time.

Thats not MLB caliber.

1 Like

Loperfido has an issue with Ks. He really needs to cut that down to be a successful MLer.
When his bat strikes ball it is often well struck.

2 Likes

Who had Ronel Blanco, Seth Martinez, and Taylor Scott as 1-2-3 in pitching WAR a third of the way through the season?

3 Likes

Or the top-5 in AL pitching WAR: Seth Lugo, Eric Fedde, Tanner Houk, Tyler Anderson, Ronel Blanco

1 Like

Thatā€™s the wildest shit, man. What a weird year.

When all the names go down with injuries, youā€™re going to be left with some surprises.

1 Like

Oops, Cabreraed

Loperfido officially sent down to make room for Abreu

No mention of corresponding move

Is our 40-man full?

Last I checked it was at 39 after the Bielak dfa and I donā€™t think they have added anybody new.

Iā€™m going to miss Joey. But dont think it will be for very long. Abreu may not be the worst player in mlb, but i will be suprised (happily) if he plays well enough to stay.

He was not playing and needs pt in AAA.

3 Likes

The Abreu situation will play itself out one way or another. .

Joey got a taste of some success, and probably (hopefully) a snootful of what he needs to work on too.

1 Like

And so it is. But i expect to see joey back before the roster expands.

I would hope the Astros are working with Joey every day in AAA to help him become good enough defensively at first base so he can become an option there if Abreu doesnā€™t make the most of his second chance. They have a log jam in the outfield with Alvarez, Meyers, Tucker, McCormick and Dubon available.

1 Like

Agreed. Even if they donā€™t think heā€™s a 1B long term, he might be needed short term.

2 Likes