2024 Roster

Honestly, I’m not upset about it. I would however like it if they signed Montgomery

2 Likes

Snell is a very good pitcher when he is right and not injured. He doesn’t pitch very deep into games, though. In 8 years, he has had 2 good seasons. Hardly worth $30mm/year. I hope Houston goes after Montgomery if the price is right.

I’m surprised the Rangers are not back in the picture with him. Perhaps he is a jerk?

Money for them with Montgomery the reports say.

I have not seen anything linking the Astros to him. I would like to have him too.

1 Like

Don’t they already have something like $120MM tied up in four starting pitchers? Wins ain’t as cheap as they used to be.

Yes, and the Rangers are one of the teams along with the Twins, Guardians and a couple of others, who have been caught up in the Bally stuff, and they are not collecting the same amount of tv revenue this year. I don’t think the Rangers took as big a hit as some, but I think they lost something like 20-25% of their tv revenues for this year compared to last.

If you use the term “starting” loosely enough. As in “Scherzer and de Grom will be starting throwing programs in a month or two”.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenGM/status/1770108161262866562

More players sent down to minor league camp today, most notably Trey Cabbage. Also heading down: Hensley, Strotman, Suero.

Notably not sent down, at least for now: Joey Loperfido.

2 Likes

How many players are left? I haven’t been following closely, but what are the expected final roster decisions yet to play out?

So was it Snell or nobody? Is there a plan? The rotation is dropping like flies.

How soon can you get stretched out to six innings, Jim?

3 Likes

Soon

6 Likes

Update on Urquidy:

I’ll just be pleasantly surprised if he pitches this season.

6 Likes

Fucking Rangers signed Lorenzen.

If the brain trust thinks we have enough pitching, my never humble opinion is NO WE DO NOT!

2 Likes

Evidently Brown thinks our current starting pitching is as good as or better than what is available on the free agent market.

I do not share his optimism.

4 Likes

My only hope is that those comments were meant as a misdirection play.

5 Likes

My guess is that they’re going to try to tough out the first half of the season and then see who becomes available at the trading deadline. But it would seem that getting anybody of consequence will require eating a lot of salary, since they’re not in a position to offer up a lot of prospects.