2024 Roster

11th round, extra bonus, Galena Park (North Shore I assume) HS last draft

6’4" 210, 18 YO

You and your damned Analytics.

Whitley becomes the first player optioned to AAA today. Unsurprising.

Rough ass line for Montero today. I know it’s ST but I hate to see that.

Whatever, manana

Don’t look now, but Chandler Rome says “multiple sources” say the Astros “remain engaged in the starting pitching market,” which Rome speculates could refer to Blake Snell, who Crane pushed for at last year’s trade deadline.

With the regular season looming and the offers not meeting his expectations, it’s fair to expect Snell to sign a contract structured like Bellinger’s or Chapman’s.

It’s also worth noting that similar reporting preceded the Hader deal by about 24 hours.

5 Likes

Crane ready to go all in?

3 Likes

I read Rome’s report, and I bet it will happen.

3 Likes

Considering Urquidy pulled himself out of today’s start with elbow pain, I’d say it’s highly likely.

3 Likes

I think at this point one of Montgomery, Snell or Lorenzen is a must sign. Just depends on how much the boss wants to spend.

Rosenthal just updated it to “in serious pursuit”

1 Like

I’m trying to not get my hopes up too much about this, but it’s getting hard not to…

Same here. The buzz is really heating up with reports that the Astros watched him throw a simulated game (4 innings, anyway) earlier today.

Unfortunately, there were other teams in attendance too. That’s the part that could fuck this all up for us.

Urquidy leaves game with sore elbow.

The part that could fuck it up is Boras realizing Urquidy just gave him more leverage

1 Like

I’d be giddy as a schoolboy if the Astros sign Snell. The only thing that gives me pause is that outside of his two Cy Young seasons, he hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire.

2 Likes

Look at who he’d be replacing in the rotation. I’d take that bet.

2 Likes

Definitely an upgrade and I’m certainly not saying don’t sign him. Just saying that there’s a good chance he won’t have anything like a Cy Young season.

Why? Astros typically make pitchers better.

2 Likes

“Grae Kessinger crushes HR into bullpen.”

Not a headline one expects to see.

1 Like