2024 Dead Pool

The Word, Run for Your Life (the content is too cringey).

Some others I may fought thru our I may hit skip.

The Word has a pretty cool bassline.

If thereā€™s an instrumental version Iā€™ll listen to that.

Ask and you shall receiveā€¦
Bass only The Beatles - The Word - Isolated Bass (youtube.com)

Sans vocals The Beatles - The Word (Instrumental Mix) (youtube.com)

Completely agree on Run For Your LIfe though. Automatic skip.

1 Like

A whole generation only knows her as Rachel Greeneā€™s mother.

2 Likes

I like both of those songs just fine. See, Iā€™m easy, which is why itā€™s notable when one of their songs just doesnā€™t land right for me.

Worse than Down By The River, Hey Joe, or Iā€™m Gonna Kill That Woman?

Hey Joe is another no go for me, as is Knockinā€™ on Heavenā€™s Door. I donā€™t care who sings them, and if I never hear either of those songs again itā€™ll be too soon.

Worse than the first two.

I donā€™t know the third one.

Your mileage may vary.

Hereā€™s a ride for you.

Itā€™s pretty amazing that I didnā€™t already know about this.

My Australian friendā€™s son is maybe eleven now and is falling in love with the guitar, and at this distance Iā€™m afraid thereā€™s very little I can do to stop it. At any rate, my friend sends me videos every so often, and heā€™s always working on the Back in Black riff. And now that I think about it, wanting to expand his sonā€™s horizons a bit he asked me the other day which is my favorite Stooges album. Raw Power, I said, not close, and oddly enough Iā€™d been listening to it the night before.

1 Like

Well, Search and Destroy is strong as hell, but the first two albums were made by people who prized emotion over technique so that eleven-year-oldā€™s WANNA might be enough to carry him through that songbook. Hell, why not introduce 53rd and Third to him?

Heā€™ll find the Ramones soon enough I imagine. My friend says heā€™s in the middle of a period where heā€™s listening to little more than Paranoid if that gives you any idea where he is in his journey. Which is funny since my friend is not a metal head, at all, so I assume the kid actively went out looking for it.

Searchingā€¦Seek and Destroy

And I should mention, thatā€™s another song I canā€™t really deal with, I donā€™t care if itā€™s the Stooges or Alejandro or who, I just find it really offputting.

Maybe some Melvins, then. What the lad really needs is a Christmas gift of a scraggly beat-up effects box from a pawn shop.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good idea. Equipment is way cheaper here, I should buy some pedals and send them over.

Donā€™t forget the a/c adapter.

They may need an AC/DC adapter.

4 Likes

220/221 whatever it takes

1 Like