2023 Houston Astros Baseball

It’s 1234AM CDT, I’ve been watching some Houston Astros Baseball clips on the YouTube to get excite as Borat would say, and well, I’m happier than a puppy with 2 peckers that it’s now time for 2023 Houston Astros Baseball.

Fuck the naysayers, fuck rob manfred in his mouth (a special suckle my grundle to bud selig in perpetuity), a forever middle finger to all the people who’ve thought of this beloved franchise as the face of the most heinous, egregious, troublesome act of cheating put forth on humanity, and well, let’s fucking do this again, Astros.

Breathing Orange Fire Since 1962.

Luv ya Orange.

LET’S GO ASTROS.

10 Likes

“Good luck, fuckers!”

If I were 250 miles or less from MMP, I would already be in line for the game tomorrow night and my chance at a Yordan WS replica ring. Since I’m not, I’m sending this generic appeal out to anyone who might…just might…run across one of them and set it aside for the biggest Astros fan on the Suncoast.

Bless you.

1 Like

Thursdays game against the Twins has been moved from Thursday to Friday due to cold weather.

Snow? Wut?

Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.

Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy, with a west wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 20. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight.

My company’s HQ is in Salt Lake City and its been snowing like crazy there for the past week at least. My boss said the ski resorts might have to close from too much snow. Crazy weather.

Yep. Coming down Parley’s canyon this morning was an adventure.

I know not what fell agent has committed this wicked larceny, but the truth is plain: the Astros are fully bereft of all combobulations.

I am very optimistic about Tucker’s start.

.968 OPS.

April 2021= .610 OPS
April 2022= .685 OPS.

If he can manage to keep it even at .800 for April and then have his usual rest of the season, it will be a very good year.

1 Like

Now, if they can just get him extended.

That would be beautiful. Unfortunately I just don’t see it happening.

They missed the window if there ever was one.

In order to extend him, the Astros will need to either:

1. do a very short extension for an insanely high price ( 4 yrs / $80M+ covering 2 arb and 2 FA yrs)

Or

1. include so many FA seasons that it is a team record deal and significantly longer than Crane (or Briwn, actually) has been comfortable with. ( 10 yrs/ $250M+ covering 2 arb and 8 FA yrs)

Tucker is not likely to be interested in anything in the middle.

I agree with you. I don’t see it happening either and I have to believe he has been approached with the idea. He has become one of the A.L.s best hitters. Maybe Astro management is looking at it from the perspective that LH OFers are a strength in their system. (Gilbert, Dirden, Melton, Barber.)

I think that probably is a piece of the puzzle.

Unfortunately he is very much like the Correa situation.

I think he has a very strong idea of his value ( or his opinion of his value) and probably does not value any organization over that amount.

And of course he has made over $10M so he is not hurting or under pressure to get paid.

The team values winning and salary flexibility over keeping fan favorite players long term.

There are still 2 more years + this one left, but it looks like there will be at least one young OF ready to replace him which means the team does not need to stray from that philosophy to keep winning.

However, that may not be the case with Altuve or Bregman. There is less time for them and less infield talent in the minors.

Fortunately they should be cheaper in both dollars and years.

Astros the game after scoring 10+ runs

2021: 13-7 average 5.35 runs. 0 shutouts

2022: 4-9 average 2.7 runs. 3 shutouts.

I don’t know if the lack of scoring the next game or the lack of actual 10+ run games is more concerning.

20 games in 2021, 13 in 2022, and only 1 nearly 1/3 of the way through 2023.