2023 Corpus Christi Hooks (AA)

Can’t believe this thread did not already exist.

Anyway, new arrival Joey Loperfido with his first AA homer:

https://twitter.com/cchooks/status/1649583567188492290?s=46&t=_4W-U911mubCNOp4yJ1_OQ

Oops. Too soon. Joey’s SECOND AA homer:

https://twitter.com/cchooks/status/1649609408458944512?s=46&t=_4W-U911mubCNOp4yJ1_OQ

I have visions Loperfido being the next Billy Spiers/Marvin Gonzalez.

1 Like

Per Chandler Rome, Drew Gilbert has been promoted to Corpus

4 Likes

He and Clifford have been tearing shit up so far

I hope we get some first hand accounts of him. In the SEC, he had a bit of a reputation as a drama king. Every call against him was a bad call.

He was also someone you loved having on your team and hated if you didn’t. So I might be projecting some of that based on the fact he wasn’t on my team.

I believe “Hot Dog” was what the SEC announcers glossed him with. Reminded me a bit of young Biggio, but more demonstrative.

Fans don’t mind a hot dog but a whiner is a different story. Hope he left that behind in TN.

1 Like

Certainly deserves the promotion based on the season he’s having so far.

Wonder how much more Clifford has to prove at Fayetteville.

1 Like

I’ll be interested to monitor Clifford. Guy’s got some dog in him.

I remember TEN HC saying after Stros drafted him that he transformed the entire program as a freshman…don’t quote me but it was something like that. A bold statement for sure. As soon as I heard that I quickly dismissed the hotdog talk.

1 Like

I planning on going to the Hooks game in San Antonio tomorrow and/or Wednesday (double header). Looking forward to seeing Loperfido, Wagner, and Clifford.

I think Clifford was only promoted to HiA.

1 Like

Believe he’s still in Fayetteville, or did I miss something?

I meant Gilbert not Clifford.

Clifford did move from Fayetteville to Asheville though.

Hooks’ game in SA has been rained out.

3 Likes

@thevandalorian The Astros promoted Zach Dezenzo to Double-A Corpus Christi. He’s starting at first base tonight for the Hooks.

Well deserved promotion for Dezenzo. He’s racked up some time at 1B over the past year, I assume he’ll still get time around the infield in Corpus.

3 Likes