2022 World Cup

You just can’t try to sit on a 1 goal lead for 45 minutes. Especially if you are the better team. US got what they deserved

2 Likes

GGG’d

Almost like they anticipated this sort of thing…

Waited way too long for his subs

I’m not really sure why Morris is even in the squad, much less the guy coming on when you need a goal

1 Like

How does Argentina lose to Saudi Arabia??

Seems like it would be impossible.

https://twitter.com/AverageStriker/status/1595002931236962304?s=20&t=F-za_-NvsYFogJdgGPCh2w

The last numbers I saw were that Saudi Arabia was +2000 to win. Simply unbelievable.

It’s Argentina at the World Cup, anything is possible. They got 1 point from Iceland and Croatia combined and required and 86th minute goal vs Nigeria to get out of the group, at the last one.

1 Like

Poland got a penalty awarded that was harsh on Mexico at best…and the Mexican goalie saved it. Drama.

1 Like

That was an amazing save.

2 Likes

Is all Mexican soccer this chaotic?

For the most part.

2 Likes

As an aside, when I was back in London, my Saturday denial league team used to have an annual fixture against Colombia. There was a vibrant Colombian community in London who bussed tables etc., and they would put a team together to play us.

The teams fit perfectly into the respective cultural stereotypes. We had just enough players to make a starting XI, and everyone forgot to bring oranges for halftime. The Colombians showed up en masse with family and friends, and turned to sidelines into a fabulous party.

On the field, every single one of their players was better on the ball than every single one of ours. They would taunt and embarrass us with individual skills, little dinks and tricks happening all over the park.

We typically won. We would sit in the low block and crowd them out when they got into the final third. We would regain possession, and hoof it forwards for our little whippet of a striker to run onto and score (think Michael Owen vs. Argentina).

A sad footnote is that, one year, we were there for this fixture but no Colombians turned up. We found out later that the equivalent of border patrol had run a sweep through London’s restaurants and hauled off anyone without work permits, which included all the Colombians.

After tricking everyone into actually believing Qatar would serve alcohol and enabling Saudi victory, I’m convinced Loki is running the tournament.

4 Likes

He is, at a minimum, in charge of injury time.

1 Like

We know he fucks up timelines.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, reality won’t go away.

Memo to my self: Don’t pack Astros rainbow jersey if I ever have to go to Qatar.

2 Likes