2022 roster

Also why Altuve didn’t get a legit double in the 7th versus the single (advanced to 2nd on Schwarber’s error) he was given credit for. I remember thinking why in the hell is he just now jogging around first when it happened. Not like Altuve to not bust it out of the box on anything hit remotely close to the LF line at MMP.

2 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing. I said “he was not running” to Mark.

He may have tweaked it pushing off out of the box from that lunging position.

I would also like to say that Alex made one hell of a barehanded pick/throw in the 6th.

In total the Astros made more plays in the field than Philly.

And Philly struck out for 71 of their 159 outs.

3 Likes

Bregman said it was going first to third in the 6th.

1 Like

That stuck out to me, too. I also noticed that Peña did not tag up. Maybe he had a better look at it than Altuve did.

In all seriousness, Altuve said he knew Yordan got all of it by his body language. I think he mainly just wanted to stand there and admire it like everyone else.

1 Like

Probably just habit for Altuve. Fly ball, on third, tag up

…and provided a special reason for Yordan’s great, extra hug and words given to Aledmys Díaz during the post-game celebration.

The 2022 Houston Astros:

#2 SP (entering season) missed the first 3/4 of the season, making only 8 starts.

All star LF missed the second half and playoffs with injury.

Got the 29th most production from the 1B position including a .619 OPS which was 24% below league average.

Entered the season with a rookie shortstop (replacing an All star and reigning platinum glove winner) who had never played a game in MLB.

Had 4 different players play at least 40 games in CF without any of them definitely winning the job for 2023.

Oh, they also won 106 games in the regular season and steamrolled through the playoffs and World Series.

9 Likes

May I copy that for a Yankee Fan colleague? He maintains that Yankee injuries were all that stood between them and the AL Pennant. “Cheater” Astros have become the “Lucky” Astros.

If anybody thinks that DJ Lemahieu and Andrew Benintendi would have made up a 4 game diffence, they probably aren’t worth talking baseball with

Sure

1 Like

I never initiate; some Yankee fans can’t help themselves.

2 Likes

Yep, “lucky” is the excuse now.