2022 roster

Keep Stanek/Graveman
Raley if he’s up for it, otherwise a comparable lefty

Solidify the rotation.

I don’t think an Ace is a realistic option.

Maybe not even a valued option from the FOs perspective.

Collin McHugh would be a good fit for the ‘22 arm barn. He just had a great season with Tampa Bay. He’d be a good replacement if Graveman signs somewhere else. Or better yet, they could sign both.

1 Like

QO Correa and Verlander.

If Verlander accepts then he can work his way back as a #3-4 guy and be 100% by October

Montero is a keeper. Definitely if he is healthy. Gotta have Graveman. Must bolster the rotation.

This is the “triple short of a cycle” of “woman short of a threesome” category.

2 Likes

Not sure I keep Raley for $2M

You’re fired as my GM

3 Likes

Easy keep. STFU about money. Is it yours?

I was pretty down on Raley early in the year but he earned his keep late in the year. That would be cheap for a left handed reliever and an easy decision to keep him around another year.

I say keep him but it will take closer to $3-4 mil.

$2mil was this year. He was on the roster all year and contributed - He will want a raise.

Montero made $2.25 mil this year and had a disaster year, and MLB trade rumors estimates He will get $3.1 mil in arbitration.

I said “not sure” for a reason, will there be a better option available? Dunno, I’m happy for him to come back

This is an interesting player to target. Another person I wonder if the Astros would be interested in trading for is Zack Wheeler. The Phillies were said to be open to moving him last year.
He has top of the rotation potential.

Montero was good with the Astros. Disaster elsewhere.

I also looked at Wheeler and think he would be a great addition -

My impression, and I could be wrong, is that the Marlins are a more likely trade partner.

The Marlins have pitching to burn and in need of multiple bats. And are likely more open to a package of good young players without a big splash.

The Phillies are in win now mode with big contracts to a few stars. They would be looking for established guys, or at least top prospects like Pena, Lee, or Leon.

I don’t think the Marlins will trade Alcantara. Their fan would be outraged.

1 Like

We need Todd the Bod to arrange a 6-team trade for this thread.

6 Likes

Let’s say Whitley finally gets it together and earns a call-up. How many innings could he realistically throw after not pitching for two years? To me he doesn’t feel like a viable rotation candidate for 2022, at least down the stretch or on a potential playoff roster. But I’d love to see him take the next step and give it a run for 2023.

I’d have to defer to someone much smarter than me on Brown/Solomon.

I don’t think any plan that includes a non-zero number of innings for Whitley is likely to succeed.

3 Likes

I don’t think the Marlins fans get outraged. Look at who they have traded in the past, and you expect them to get outraged over Alcantara?

I think the Marlins have a surplus of pitching and need for multiple young position players.

I think it’s a great match.

If Correa resigns then maybe include Pena in a package for Wheeler, but if he doesn’t then Pena and Leon may battle for the starting shortstop job next year.

I would not think so, no.