2022 NFL Playoffs

Oh, Kyler. That’s gonna go on a lot of instructional videos in the “what not to do” section.

That was just awful. What was he thinking.

Here’s a lesson kids: giving up two points is better than giving up six.

1 Like

Nice touch on that screen, too.

He might want to think about switching to baseball, while he’s still young enough.

At least you get the ball back.

True, but it helps when you don’t throw another interception when you do.

That was just an awful performance from the Cardinals. There are a couple of teams that had no business in the playoffs.

They did catch an unfortunate break by expanding the playoffs in a season that turned out to consist almost entirely of mediocre teams.

[curmudgeon]
This is exactly the problem. Expand the playoffs to get everyone in (and not incidentally, sell a lot more advertising, since it is 'the playoffs") and you end up with mediocre teams. It really is not hard to predict. It also cheapens the regular season.
[/curmudgeon]

1 Like

I dread the inevitable expansion of MLB’s postseason to fourteen teams—which might happen as soon as this CBA.

2 Likes

Soon (I fear) professional sports will be just like Little League: everyone gets a trophy. Man, I disliked that.

The “competitiveness” is good for the bookies, which seems to be what all the leagues are most interested in now.

2 Likes

I fear you are very much on to something. The league isn’t so much interested in competition or even in advertising, as much as it is in gambling. And the NFL especially knows this.

1 Like

So I look for the Bengals to put a whoopin on the Titans today. I just don’t think TN is that good, even with Henry.

Both D’s controlling things right now.

The fix is in for TN.

You of all people should know that’s a “Bert Emanual” snag on that INT.

The ball hit the ground. You can see the grass flying, plain as day.

1 Like

That doesn’t necessarily negate a catch anymore.

The ball bounced before he had possession. That’s not a catch. It’s not like Emanuel who had possession and the ball contacted the ground when he went down. A short hop is not a catch. Not even now.