2021 Asheville Tourists (Hi-A)

Is Luke Berryhill the son of Damon?

No.

That was quick.

It was the first thing I wondered about when he was acquired by the Astros. And he must get that question a lot because this is his twitter bio…

1 Like

He should know.

Does the possibility of playing with his brother, help the Astros chances of re-upping Carlos?

Seriously?

It has been asked before.

The Astros drafted the younger Correa in the 33rd rd in 2018 and the 38th rd in 2019

So, yes he eventually signed as a NDFA but clearly the organization liked him a lot and for a long time.

Legacy draft/signing or prospect was the question. That he was drafted/signed does not answer it.

My point is that the team obviously believed in talent.

Not just a legacy pickup feel good publicity stunt

Or else they would not have repeated it

Very respectable .267/.402/.535 line for the Peckers in this his first professional season after being signed as a NDFA last year out of Southeast Missouri State. His OPS went from .776 in May to .913 in June to 1.074 in July.

Not so if he is a legacy. He would have been signed whenever. The kid could not know that, of course.

I can’t recall any other legacy draft they drafted more than one time, much less later signed as a NDFA.

Ok, thanks. I do not follow draft stuff like you do, and your word on this is fact to me.

My bad, Jim Sheridan.

1 Like

Nice debut for Tamarez at Hi-A

Actually it was his 3rd start for the Tourists.

It was his first start at McCormick Field so certainly props to him for a very nice outing in a very tough place to pitch.

Now has 86 Ks in 58.2 IP this year between the two 'villes. Ranked 27th on MLB Pipeline list, 20th on Fangraphs list, unranked on BA list.

I was supposed to be at that game with some raincheck tickets but my wife convinced me to postpone to tonight. I hope that means especially great things are in store this evening!

2 Likes