What are you drinking, 2023…and 2024?

Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin.

I do love Coors tan can, screwtop pints, as my halfass daily ranch beer. You can screw em up, screw em in , screw em down.

Last night I was in Tampa and had Brew Bus “You’re My Boy Blue!” blueberry wheat.

Tonight I’m in San Antonio and drinking Austin Eastciders Blood Orange. Both excellent summer drink.

1 Like

Watermelon margaritas and plenty of cold beer today.

Wine, beer, bourbon, it’ll be a good day.

1 Like

Ironically…tea.

1 Like

Just dump that shit into the ship channel.

4 Likes

The irony is so ironical.

2 Likes

Post-yardwork Guinness

1 Like

Post yard work at my Mom’s in San Antonio with a drive home to Austin to watch the Houston Astros baseball club on the talking picture box Shiner Prickly Pear seasonal.
It’s damn refreshing on this hot ass Central Texas 4th of July/Independence Day.

Maybe later, a little Wild Turkey at 737pm CDT in honor of Uncle Herb Kelleher, as per tradition.

1 Like

I find myself not able to drink much beer anymore. My gut just doesn’t like me much when I do.

I tend to be a gin aficionado these days. My favorite is York Gin, distilled in the magical city of York in the UK. We discovered it while living over there last year. It has the best aroma and flavor of any gin I’ve had. They do have a few different flavors, but I usually stick to their special-edition lemon or their Navy-strength. I drink it generally with some Topo and a squeeze of citrus fruit, or with ginger ale or a fizzy flavored water.

2 Likes

No more Anchor Christmas Ale

One of my Christmas traditions gone. Mark told me this morning.

Shit, no more Liberty Ale either. Not that I’ve been able to find it anywhere the last few years.

Huge deal out here in the Bay Area. SF Chronicle has already sent me two different emails about the closure.

Back when I drank beer more often, the Anchor Summer Ale was always a favorite. Really bummed to hear they’re closing.

3 Likes

What was the downstairs bar near your apt in DC we used to enjoy Anchor Steam on tap?
Good times.

Bummer to hear of Anchor closing.

1 Like

Oh man, Timberlake’s. Got barnapped there several times. Sadly, they closed years ago.

2 Likes

That’s it.
I remember the green awning.

And many times stumbling out of there.

Russia House sure was a hoot.
And, Bistro du Coin.

20 years or so Anchor was my go-to beer. Sad to learn of this.

So today I’ve made myself a French gimlet to go along with my Espinosa Habano. Gin is always a solid choice on a hot day.

1 Like

Smoking a tri-tip this afternoon, with mac&cheese and esquites as sides. Probably a Barbera d’Alba to accompany it.