What are you drinking, 2023…and 2024?

Hudson, have you tried this one?

I’m tempted to talk to my guy at Spec’s and see if he can get a bottle.

I think that’s the only rum that could have gotten Jobu to wake up our bats.

1 Like

I would have poured it on the floor if that’s what was needed

I have had R.L. Seale, but not this particular rum. I will look to give it a go. They don’t seem to carry it at Specs or Total Wine, so it may take some searching.

While not the Equipoise, I found this Foursquare at my Specs in SA. I hadn’t encountered it over the last few months of perusing their inventory. Very tasty, and quite the handful as it comes in at 60 proof. The last point certainly helped cause my earlier misfire.

1 Like

Speaking of Foursquare…I could not find the Epiquoise, but I picked up this year’s release, the “Magisterium”, yesterday. Gonna crack it open after I finish typing this post. It’s 116 proof, in case you’re wondering.

1 Like

Pogo’s up in Dallas usually has a great selection of spirits, although that’s still up in Dallas. Houston Wine Merchant is more local and they often can get their hands on things most other shops can’t.

Alternatively, there’s a bottle available at Bottle Barn in Santa Rosa. That’s about an hour away from me here in Napa or thirty minutes from the winery up in St. Helena. Happy to grab it if you’re keen and ship to you (it’s an excuse to browse what they have in store which is usually better than what’s online).

Or I can ask my local spirits shop, Lawlers. The amount of alcohol they sell is obscene, which means they have relationships with distributors that are perhaps slightly unethical or at least more than a bit enviable.