What are you drinking, 2023…and 2024?

Two words: French Gimlet

Hmm. Wonder if my local watering hole carries the St. Germain. I’ll ask when I’m there next.

Altstadt Kolsch is a solid Sunday 6 pack

3 Likes

Altstadt anything is a good anything, generally.

2 Likes

I’ve said this before, I think, but if the Army Navy cocktail is not in your repertoire, remedy that.

Science.
Lovvvvvvvve their Kolsch.

Just had a fantastic Kolsch in Honolulu last Monday from Honolulu Beerworks.
Deelish.

I generally don’t pimp the podcast I’m on here, but holy shit we just had the best show worth of beers I’ve ever been involved in. Show won’t be live until next week, but the brewery is called Deep Draft Brewing in Washington.

1 Like

Plymouth Gin martini with a lemon twist. A classic for a reason and perfect an evening on the back porch before I start cooking dinner.

1 Like

Just finishing up a post-game Manhattan and victory cigar. Now it’s bed time.

Kara and I were out downtown to belatedly celebrate our anniversary and I ordered a Manhattan before dinner. It was perfectly fine. A totally serviceable libation, but I’ve come to realize that I’m far more adept at making my own, or at least in a style I prefer.

Speaking of drinking…last few Old Fashions I’ve used Bondstone Double Oak bourbon. It’s pretty good. It’s not as good as Garrison Brothers, but it’s half the price. I’m not usually one to fuss over price or think you shouldn’t mix with the “good stuff” (life is far too short to be a Rangers fan or drink bad whiskey), but I don’t set money on fire either. Well, other than cigars, anyway. It’s getting the job done.

I’ve come to realize I’m much more particular about the vermouth than I am about the whiskey. I am a fan of Cocchi di Torino.

Antica is our go to sweet vermouth. Don’t know Cocchi but our local liquor store has an amazing selection of all things spirits and are pretty adept at tracking down what they don’t have.

I’ve found Manhattans are far more malleable than most people might think. Vermouth is also underrated for how much heavy lifting it does in the drink.

Can’t remember if I’ve made this recommendation or not, but if you can track down some Luxardo Cherry Liqueur (maraschino not morello, although that’s a suitable substitute), try the Brooklyn. Delicious. Kara is partial the Green Point, which a yellow chartreuse variant of the Manhattan.

Guy next to me on the plane ordered a Bloody Mary mix with tequila. I had never heard of such a thing.

It’s actually quite good.

It’s called a Bloody Maria.

Maldita Maria?

Until you over-utilize

Learned today via the SA newspaper online that Johnson City has a brewhouse I was unaware of (this is good). It is run by and decked out in Texas Tech gear (this may be bad).

I’ll test it out one of these days, I can ignore a lot of things if the beer is tasty.

All of us are sinful. We are unclean as a society.