Travel questions

I didn’t know the particulars but I had the feeling Kinsolving was involved somehow.

Sounds right for roommates.

I want to say Mom lived in a sorority house for at least a year, maybe two. I’ll have to ask her. It’s entirely possible she’ll remember.

Sally said their being roommates was sophomore year.

At Big Oil we are required to use the company services for all travel. Obviously we have enough going on that it employs a pretty large staff. They are really good, especially when things change, flights cancelled, civil unrest, or for any reason you need someone to take care of things for you because you’re stuck no the middle of nowhere 6,000 miles from home. I started using one personally, and I like telling them them what I want and have them put together itineraries and options. I hate booking all that stuff myself. I do for small trips, but will always use a travel agent for the more involved ones.

That is what I do with my agent too, and she knows me and my likes well enough to get me great one on one tours with a guide and a car if needed.

And, from what I understand, she’s been to damn near all these places already and knows what the deal is with each of them.

Yep, she has been most places any of us want to go.

So there’s this, sorry, it tears me up a bit here and there. Didn’t know where else to put it.

1 Like

So I am lucky enough to have a work meeting in Lubbock August 28-30th. Staying at the Overton and schedule is packed from Sunday night to Monday night. I will have some free time Sunday afternoon and Tuesday morning before my flight back. Any recommendations of things to see while I am in Red Raider country.

See if you can get an earlier flight out.

7 Likes

Buddy Holly Center is all I can think of

2 Likes

Tumbleweed. Sand. That’s about it.

1 Like

Lubbock skyline in the rear view mirror.

The Overton is a pretty nice hotel, directly across from campus. I agree that the Buddy Holly Center is a good idea as is the Wind Power Museum.

If it’s not too hot, a stroll down University and into the South Overton District might be pleasant. It’s one of my old neighborhoods and has had some nice historic restoration recently. North Overton has all been torn down and rebuilt and there’s nothing remarkable about it.

There’s good food and usually good music to be had in Lubbock.

I went to Lubbock once…ONCE!

1 Like

If you’ve got a lot of time, you could try to find a democrat.

You shouldn’t send me to Lubbock, Johnny.

3 Likes

Prairie Dog town is a must see.

1 Like

I grew up in Lubbock and I’ve been sitting here for 20 minutes trying to think of an answer, and like you, the best I can come up with is an earlier flight.

Also, I resent the question because it made me think about Lubbock for 20 minutes.

7 Likes