Travel 2024

From the game

3 Likes

Looks like a great time. Must be tough to find good seats.

1 Like

There was a substantial campaign of these ads.

2 Likes

Fantastic!! Your seats are right by my friend’s. I abuse his hospitality from time to time when the Astros are in town - i.e. trade him some wine for his seats and parking pass.

And so sorry I missed you yesterday. Helped a friend move and was pretty wiped out when it was over.

Hope you’re enjoying SF!! Weather should be pretty effing great today.

1 Like

Just finished lunch at Tony’s pizza with Robert Ford. Fun times so far.

2 Likes

When you left, did he shout “SEE YOU LATER!”?

11 Likes

Excellent.

Damn it, gonna use that next times.

2 Likes

Can’t say I disagree.

2 Likes

So…ETIAS application? How quick is it? Guess I should have done that before buying airfare to Italy.

From what I understand you do it online and typically receive it in a matter of hours.

I disagree, that’s a lameass graph for simpletons.

They have Seville and Istanbul as meh at best, and that is inconsistent with my experience.

That’s good to know. I can typically get a business visa in a few days to most places (except Canada), but you never know. I’d better get on it.

@JimR

I’ll be in NYC in a few weeks, and haven’t been in 6 years or so. What’s on your agenda?

I assume Barney Greengrass still there for breakfast? For some weird reason I just love that place.

Best meal I ever had there was in some hole in the wall Burmese restaurant around 70th and 3rd, I wish I remembered the name.

Agenda is Broadway shows. I will see eight. I have done most, if not all, of the touristy things so this trip is shows.

I went to the 9/11 Museum today and was blown away. That is a must see Museum.

6 Likes

Was just there last week. Good Night Oscar was very good. Some Like it Hot was also fantastic. We got $40 day-of-show tickets to that one by going to the box office at 10AM. 2nd row. Life of Pi was good, not great, but I think it closed last week anyway.

Edited to add: I didn’t see it on this trip, but The Book of Mormon is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in any format.

I bought my tickets weeks ago. Not seeing either of those. I picked from recommendations from a friend in the theater biz.

The 9/11 museum/memorial is an absolute must experience.

Was there in 2015 with my son’s high school choir. Very few kids had any memory of the day. The one who did had a dad in the military and they were stationed in Japan at the time. He remembers his father not being able to come home for a few days.

After the tour, they were asking all the adults what they remembered.

3 Likes