Trade Deadline 2022

I am not all that confident in Yuli’s bat coming back to life at age 38, but I think you roll with him through the end of the season anyway. He brings a lot to the table in other ways and the options on the market aren’t amazing.

Fucking waste of a roster spot. We should talk to the Twins to see if we can get Sanchez.

4 Likes

He has a .761 ops since June 1. While that’s not the Yuli from last year, it’s far from bad

Ok, Wade Miley is out. How about Miley Cyrus?

2 Likes

Why are you taking a wrecking ball to our lineup?

2 Likes

I thought if she could provide some pop and hits in center, we might get the best of both worlds.

1 Like

Particularly since he’s now just 3-27 over his last 10 games.

So for you, a utility player must hit?

A healthy McCullers would be a great addition. A lockdown closer would be welcomed as well.

I have heard much talk about adding to the bullpen.

I’m personally happy with it but you can never have too much pitching, as they say.

My question is, if another high leverage, or even left handed reliever is brought in then who goes away?

I don’t see any particular weak link.

Sure, each of them have had a stinker or two but that happens.

To me every relief pitcher on this team has huge potential and “stuff” and none have been bad.

But you can’t add without opening a spot

1 Like

We have several pitchers who can and do close. There most definitely is not a need for a closer.

I would gladly swap Abreu out for an effective lefty, were such a person available. But I have no idea if anybody is available.

1 Like

God forbid you have a strong bench particularly come playoff time.

1 Like

Come the playoffs, we have a bench of Diaz, Dubon, Chas or Siri, and a catcher. I’ll go to war with that.

3 Likes

Which catcher?

Presumably Castro.

Diaz, Dubon, Chas/Siri, Castro.

I’ll make the prediction that will not be the bench come playoff time.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. “Strong bench” means hitting.

I would bet money that Siri is on the playoff roster.

His speed is just too valuable if a run is needed late/extra innings.

And the Astros have valued that in the past as well. See Derek Fisher (2017), Chas McCormick ( 2020)

Point to where I said that.

I’ll wait.

1 Like