The Ukraine Invasion

Receiving a radioactive waste suppository sounds like an origin story from on of those old Troma movies.

3 Likes

That’s going to be a pain in the ass to clean up.

7 Likes

BTW, this seems like as good as time as any to post this:

6 Likes

Russian money laundering pretty much props up the entire high-end London real estate market. There’s going to be a lot of bleating from the expensive seats if they start seizing those properties and crashing everyone’s values.

Also, Chelsea FC.

Payback’s a bitch.

The western assets of all the rich Russian crooks need to be seized immediately and visas revoked. Also, the international community can’t really turn the internet off in Russia, but it can seriously disrupt the flow of IP traffic in and out of Russia, and that needs to be done immediately as well.

2 Likes

BTW, this has since been proven to be false. They are concerned that Russian attacks might damage or destroy a waste facility, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Ukraine’s been taking it in the ass here but this is getting a bit too literal.

Biden announces sweeping sanctions. Also, the White House Press Corps is a sad stereotype of reporters.

That was really pretty bad. I kept wondering why he’d call on OAN and Breitbart and so on. Nope, that one’s Reuters and the other’s AP.

Liberal media and that.

1 Like

I can’t wait to go back to work and hear the fox news loving crowd parrot russkie talking points/disinformation disseminated by Uncle Vlad and his cronies that somehow the filthy russkies are the innocent party here and Biden is at fault.

I loved Uncle Lindsay yesterday saying that Biden wasn’t doing enough. Ok, Lindsay, what’s your plan? What exactly would you do differently?

1 Like

Was Ms. Lindsay clutching his pearls as well?

I’d love to know which kompromat the filthy russkies have on that fuckwit.

The possibility this axis of autocrats is testing the limits of international law and daring the world to consider WWIII is not so far fetched.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/chinese-news-outlet-accidentally-posts-193604116.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/what-is-china-learning-from-russias-invasion-of-ukraine/amp China’s statements and actions in the coming days will be telling. They stand to benefit from sanctions on Russia while providing a path to lessen the impact on Russia.

They’ll also get a read on what might happen when they sail across the strait and sit on Taiwan. I hope we get our semiconductor fab situation sorted before that happens, or China will have us by the balls.

I hope you are right too, but Taiwan will be next, and they control the chips, quite literally. And China wants that control over not only the world, but us.

From what I read the other day, I think we and some others in Europe are trying to get this up and running so we don’t have to rely on Taiwan. The problem however, is that starting up this operation is massively expensive and difficult. We are quite literally just starting and I think it takes 5 years minimum just to get to a point where you can start production. Might be 10 years before you can produce at the level you really need to not rely on Taiwan. China probably ain’t waiting that long before making a move.

Turns out that offshoring jobs is a national security issue. Who knew?

1 Like

Not just jobs, but manufacturing. You can re-shore white collar jobs pretty quickly. You can’t build manufacturing plants quickly. And we don’t build a damn thing any more.

1 Like