Regular Season Finale Phillies @ Astros Oct. 5, 2022

Stros finish with a 2.90 team ERA, lowest in the AL since 1972 (the year before the DH)

5 Likes

Oh @Craig !

4 Likes

Handshakes/high 5s on a damn fine regular season.

4 Likes

What i like about this team is multiple closer arms/stuff. Pressly finished with 33 saves, Montero had 14, and Stanek, Neris, Abreu, and Javier all have closer stuff. All but Javier had saves, I think.

Pitching and defense win in the playoffs, but I wish the offense would wake up. I am talking to you, Mancini.

6 Likes

I would have never guessed this team would win 100+ games. All the losses/defections we have had since 2017, but the train keeps on chugging along. PeƱa with over 20 home runs? No fucking way.

5 Likes

Pena appears to have a pretty high ceiling. It was really exciting to watch him adjust to the slider as the season progressed. Every time I think to myself that he has a substandard arm after watching a play, I have to remind myself that the throws are accurate and consistent and any perceived weakness in his arm is because Iā€™m used to watching Correaā€™s cannon for the last six years.

1 Like

Not quite Joe Niekro, but a thrill, Iā€™m sure.

I stand corrected on my last post: 1981 Yankees also had a 2.8955 ERA, but that was a 107 game season, so screw them.

Screw them on general principles.

5 Likes

Just adding here that the six day mini-void between right now and when the Astros play their first game of the postseason is stupid, stupid, stupid. Thatā€™s all.

2 Likes

The Yankees can suck it. They finished their ā€œmiracle seasonā€ seven games behind the best team in the AL.

2 Likes

I know teams like to keep playing and not have long waits to play. I think they all can use a rest, though, and I hope the hitting they do at practice will pay some dividends. The pitchers can stay reasonably sharp with bullpens or maybe some live BP. I have no clue about how the Astros will approach the off days so I am merely thinking out loud.

Judge seems like a good guy, but the national orgasm over each AB after he hit 60 was disgusting. I wondered if Yordan was about to hit 62 if everything would stop so the country could watch. He will soon be proclaimed the home run king Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire notwithstanding.

1 Like

Roger Maris Jr gave away the game when one of his stated reasons for why Judge is the rightful king was ā€œheā€™s a Yankeeā€

Oh damn, I finally found an acorn.

1 Like

This is bullshit. Astros couldnā€™t have left one on the board for me??

We need a forensic audit of the results.

1 Like

You need to blame the Venezuelans and the Italians. Altuve and Mancini are probably the inside guys. Btw, could I interest you in a few hundred of these outstanding pillows?

1 Like

I will send you Rudyā€™s cell number.

1 Like

Just wait until I unleash the Kraken at my press conference.

Please do. This is important and I need the best flatulent attorneys to get to the bottom of what happened.

1 Like

Stop nicknaming your penis.