Orioles @ Astros, June 22, 2024

Good win. Keeping pace.

Taking a series from Baltimore is impressive. But let’s sweep them.

1 Like

Do not want to jinx anything, but maybe this is a start. We need JV healthy. Thank goodness for Blanco.

7 Likes

Good clean ballgame. What Blanco has done for this team is nothing short of extraordinary

9 Likes

I asked my wife about El Matin and she doesn’t know, either. She had the same thought that I had, though, which is it somehow means The Killer. Obviously el matador is the killer, but maybe in the Dominican they do things differently. Or maybe he just really loves mornings.

1 Like

I’m just going to choose to believe he is REALLY proud he’s a morning person.

1 Like

And Blanco won!

I asked a friend from DR and she said she didn’t know either. It could be some form of “el matón”, which in a pejorative sense would be a bully or a thug, but maybe in a more affectionate way would mean more along the lines of “tough guy” or “scrappy”. She also said Dominican baseball players are just tremendous goofballs who have names for everyone. So who knows.

I stopped on a 50 mph two-lane road in upstate New York today to move a 25 pound snapping turtle out of the middle of the road. The millennial driving by after I had done so rolled down her window and yelled “nice work“. It was actually quite satisfying to hear that.

1 Like

Worth hearing again.

Nice work.

1 Like

The Virginia late season peach harvest is in September. Do you know what is a really bad idea? Having a cross country invitational that runs through a peach orchard in September in Virginia. The elapsed digestive time between the first bites of delicious, sweet, fleshy, juicy peach as the buses arrive around 7am and the varsity elite school races at around 3pm in the afternoon are shockingly well coordinated to produce lots of gastrointestinal drama at massive scale.

There was only one good thing about Fresno. And this was it. Well, and I found my wife there…

1 Like

And you were kind enough to put me in touch with your friend the amazing artist in Cabo. So, win win.

1 Like

Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches…

Thanks, Jon.