W

2 Likes

There it is

1 Like

Winner!

1 Like

Hader lives

2 Likes

Sweet. M’s and Rangers are both winning, so a win here was a good deal.

2 Likes

Would hate to see where we would be without Blanco.

4 Likes

Angels making a game of it. Padres maybe a late game shocker? Yeah one of those.

I’ve watched a ton of Hader over the last couple of days. Well over 100 pitches on baseball savant.

He made a pretty big change, I believe. Tonight he was stepping more towards home than he has in any pitch I remember watching this season. I don’t think he was fully comfortable with it yet, but long term it should help him get the ball inside.

3 Likes

Good observations. Staying closed too long is not better than opening too soon.

1 Like

Whew, winning ugly is a hell of a lot better than losing pretty.

I always had the opposite problem to what I think Hader has been dealing with but with the same result. I think his hips were not opening up causing his plant foot to end up towards the on deck circle. If he can get his front hip to open up consistently, I think we will see good Hader again. Especially with the slider, which has been mostly a non-factor this year.

Stay closed too long, you have to throw across your body. Open up too soon, your arm drags behind your body.

The fundamentals are easy to teach but are not always easy to do.

2 Likes

Watched the end of the Seattle/SD game. It’s freaky how much Gwynn Jr sounds like his dad. Same inflection, pitch, and simple joy in his voice. I miss Gwynn.

4 Likes