Luhnow Files Suit Against Astros

“Errant career direction???”

WTF are you talking about?

1 Like

The premise of Astroball is tainted by the trashcan issue. Reiter wrestles with that discordance throughout the podcast.

Bullshit.

1 Like

Total bullshit. Like saying that the entire premise of Moneyball would have been voided by Zito scuffing the ball.

1 Like

Or Jeremy Brown looking good in jeans.

3 Likes

And poof the lawsuit indeed does go away with Jeff presumably pocketing a tidy sum.

Article also notes that Luhnow is now co-CEO of a SPAC looking to invest in a sports business (i think we can rule out a baseball team there).

Ridiculous that it came to that.

But this is a ridiculous situation.

This literally nauseates me.

The Athletic article was just published today if subscribers haven’t yet seen it…

“Cheating”

Love it.

No banging (silence) either meant “fast ball” or “I do not have a fucking clue.” Dumb scheme.

Drellich’s book is coming out next March and The Athletic is likely to publish excerpts like this one that dropped today. Luhnow wiped mucho mucho mucho data from his cell phone AFTER being advised by MLB to delete nothing. Previously unreported was this statement from Manfred in his letter to Luhnow:

“Your credibility is further impacted by the fact that you permanently deleted information from your phone and its backups in anticipation that my investigators would seek to search your phone,” Manfred wrote to Luhnow. “You did not tell my investigators that you had done this until they confronted you about it in your second interview. While you explained that you were simply deleting sensitive personal photographs, I have no way to confirm that you did not delete incriminating evidence.”

Luhnow claimed he was deleting only pictures of his wife giving birth but the evidence indicated what he deleted was much more than that including texts between him and Tom Koch-Weser. Former director of advance information for the Astros, Koch-Weser left the Astros in May of last year and is now running his own analytics consulting firm serving professional athletes (Helium Athletics based in Austin).

I hope Dreilich sells 15 copies.

Fuck that guy.

5 Likes

I am sure his book will be a fair and even-handed treatment of his favorite team.

Fuck him. This will never go away, and who will ever write a counter to his prejudice? Fuck Rosenthal and The Athletic for enabling his vendetta.

4 Likes

Just one more reason I’m glad to be rid of him.

I’m not Luhnow’s biggest fan, but I don’t see anything wrong with his telling Manfred to go fuck himself, and I have no idea why Crane didn’t do the same thing, which is exactly what the Red Sox did, and with effectively no consequences. Manfred can fucking choke on a dick. You want to see my phone? Ha ha, good one.

Why any of you guys subscribes to the Athletic is beyond me.

9 Likes

Reddick doing some clapping back…

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Good on Reddick.

I was getting ready to take our plane from the inbound crew in LA on Friday and one of the wheelchair attendants noticed my Astros sticker on my bag and started giving me shit. I gave him some good natured ribbing for being a fan of a franchise that belonged in Brooklyn and he persisted and wanted to escalate things. It became clear I was dealing with a mental midget and knew this wasn’t the hill to die on, especially at work.

dojers fans are a special, precious fucking lot of dipshits.

1 Like

He knew you were the pilot, right? That maybe you controlled a bit of his destiny for the next few hours?

I think the rules of smart living should include don’t mess with the pilot.

ETA: and don’t mess with Josh Reddick.

1 Like

Or Jim

Rules to live by.