J Abreu

I’m not angry at all. You’re just a fucking clown.

1 Like

< chuckles >

Sure you’re not projecting?

Seriously, have a nice night.

100 percent. You’re the 1000th loser that’s come through following the troll chart. In a few weeks you’ll be gone and things will be back to normal.

1 Like

Drummond is the latest in a long line of trolls, and he’ll be the latest to finish the chart. Fate wills it so.

3 Likes

This is the way

2 Likes

I know not of this DJ.Drummond.

Third try has to be the charm -

He chose poorly

1 Like

After a couple of days off, Abreu is slotted at the clean-up spot. Clearly this is aspirational on the part of Dusty and it make sense from a psychological point of view, but it’s late June and patience is not infinite.

I know he reached great depths, but his numbers, including RBIs, have picked up over the past 3 weeks.

He’s currently 4th on the team in RBI with 33.

(Yordan still leads with 55(!), followed by Bregman 44 and Tucker 42)

Abreu also leads the team in ABs (2nd in PA to Bregman) with runners on.

Like I said, he started horribly but has improved.

And it ain’t like he’s taking ABs away from anyone else who is producing.

3 Likes

Apparently the key to the Stros offense is to have RISP with 2 outs and 1 of these top 7 guys at the plate

This is the bottom line. But he is last in the majors in WAR.

Sunk cost. All that matters now is what he does from here on out.

5 Likes

I love reading this today. 21 HR, 98 RBI

3 Likes

Plus Golf Glove level play at first and strong presence in the clubhouse.

Golf glove maybe, but certainly not gold glove.

Abreu is a good defensive first baseman. Maybe he’s not Yuli, no one else is, but he’s been very good over there.

4 Likes

He is very good, and I also agree there is only one Yuli. Abreu has saved numerous plays with picks of throws in the dirt or bouncing. He is far from someone playing 1B only because he cannot play anywhere else.

You know why I think you are so baseball-smart, HH? It is because we so often agree.

4 Likes

While we’re never in doubt…quite frankly, rarely are we wrong either.

1 Like