FYI, y’all

Thanks, moreso the latter. We rented a car to drive from San Sebastian to Barcelona. An hour after we stopped for lunch, we got a flat tire. While trying to deal with that, a car pulled over and the driver offered to call us a tow truck. That was simply to distract us while someone else who was hidden in the vehicle stole Kara’s purse and my wallet - i.e. our cash, credit cards, and passports.

The police later told me that along this particular stretch of highway near Vilafranca tourists are frequently targeted by local thieves. They puncture your tires at a rest stop and then follow you until you have a flat.

Fortunately, the experience could’ve been a hell of a lot worse and neither of us were physically hurt.

3 Likes

I went to Berlin in 1990.

We stayed the first night at a hotel in East Berlin.

There was a copy of Pravda in the lobby.

Checkpoint Charlie had been removed a week or two before.

That whole itinerary sounds great Jim.

2 Likes

I guess following along with the locals depends on where you are. If you’re in say, Bangkok, the locals hang out at the mall and eat at KFC. You probably want to find something more touristy.

1 Like

Hope the sun shines brightly for you on your trip, Jim.

I’ve been to Ghent twice, great town. Its basically the center point between Brugge and Brussels, like a 25 min train ride from Brugge. It’s a great spot for a quick jaunt, head to the amazing cathedral then walk 10 minutes over to the Gravensteen which is a 10th century castle in great shape. Some good pubs right near by to enjoy beer and gaze at the castle.

นานา ??

ฉันจะไม่แนะนำให้กินที่นั่นเช่นกัน

Probably wise.

Have a great time. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

1 Like

That sounds like an excellent trip!

1 Like