Cubs @ Astros, May 16, 2023

Maton in

This is an on-going topic of discussing for the Cubbie announcers…

Pitches 1 and 2 were in the same at bat with the bases loaded in the 10th. Even the Dodgers feed said the Twins got screwed. Umpires also called a foul ball 12 inches foul down the line, fair for a run scoring double for the Dodgers. Of course the Twins also left about 15 men in scoring position so there’s that.

https://twitter.com/umpscorecards/status/1658481608641609733?s=46&t=_VKJ7ei0fnwNotkOpfCTCA

An ode to Chas, largely in pictures:

From this:

(That little white streak to the left of Chas in the OF is the ball leaving the bat and headed up in its trajectory)

To this:

(Look where he is in that first pic, still in the set position with the ball already in flight and then look at what sign he ends up against for the catch)

To this:

(It’s in the glove!!!)

To, finally, this:

(With Julks finally showing up in frame)

1 Like

So I just slowed it down frame by frame. I think the catch was good. If anything, it hits pad and top of the glove finger simultaneously….but I think it was good.

1 Like

Eh…maybe that was a foul ball maybe not. It certainly wasn’t a foot foul when the ball crossed over the bag.

Ah

I checked the game winning walk which wasn’t close and was confused.

That diagram is brutal.

Amazing catch! And great still pics! (Lotta WHITE in the glove!)

Great to have him back!

Dubon with another double!

I’m tired just looking at Machete round second

Bregman with a sac fly!

1 Like

The WHEELS on Maldy tonight!!!

They’re square, but they’re turning’!

3 Likes

Yordon needs a long at bat here just to give Maldonado a chance to catch his breath.

Yordan with an RBI knock!

1 Like

If you use your skills to breakdown Morel’s retrieval of Abreu’s double in the bottom of the 1st last night and you will catch him blowing a bubble w/ his bubble gum…

Let the kids PLAY!

To the 8th…7-1 Astros

The Braves just got a 2 run HR on a bank shot.

Drive to right, Garcia made a bid at the wall, ball went over the glove, hit off the yellow line, then bounced off the back of Garcia’s glove back over the wall.

Alex looking better.

Was that Gage’s Astro debut?