Correa Re-Signing: Will He or Won't He?

I missed the news until just now.

Haven’t read all the comments yet.

Anyway. It sucks but its over.

I really like Pena and the team must continue to develop young regular players and pitchers to remain contenders.

Framber, Urquidy, Luis Garcia replaced Keuchel, Morton, McHugh, etc

Tucker and Alvarez replaced Redfick and Gattis.

Let’s hope that Jeremy is a solid dependable appreciative player who is fun to watch.

And let’s sign Kyle and Yordan to extensions

Eliminate the Twins in the ALCS ( Pena gets winning hit) and win the World Series.

Bingo. One year of Look At Me Correa is enough.

2 Likes

$32 million per year for 5 years for a guy who averages roughly 115 games played per season is nothing to turn your nose at.

Welcome back, Ebby!

5 Likes

I feel like I processed most of the stages of grief earlier in the off-season. The anger is fading into acceptance for me.

Yo, whutup?

The thread you’re looking for is right over here:

https://forums.orangewhoopass.com/t/music-2022/

2 Likes

And events conspired against him to deny his preferred big market-high profile destination. He will spend a year in Elba exile, Minnesota, then appeal to Boston or somesuch in 2023. The Yanks and Dodgers appear set at SS.

It is regrettable that Springer and Correa, two vocal leaders who could light a fire under this team, have no similar replacements in the field. Those are intangibles which represent a setback.

1 Like

Let’s wait and see if it actually is a setback or not before we make any grand declarations.

4 Likes

Others will step up to be leaders.

Aw … but I want to overreact now.

Works on contingency?

No, money down!

1 Like

I think the last week’s relative optimism that Correa might return is what did me in. I accepted that he wasn’t coming back. I think the management should have accepted the offer and run it back, but I get the reasoning for not. The team has taken a clear step back, though.

1 Like

Randy Johnson was a great trade. I honestly cnat remember the players involved now, but I think only one had a decent career after they left. Correct me if I’m wrong. Johnson was very up front about not wanting to sign a long term deal with us. He was incredible for the short time he was here. Always going to be a Johnson fan for that.

Johnson was traded for Freddy Garcia, Carlos Guillen, and John Halama. Garcia and Guillen both went on to long, solid MLB careers. It was still a good trade.

8 Likes

I’ll miss Correa overall, especially those laser beams to first, but I also sort of blame him, more than others, for the garbage can banging going on as long as it did.

More than Beltran? He and Cora pushed that

1 Like

Now it’s really getting good. Love me some revisionist history. Anyone else want to share?

Correa took the bop out of the bop-shoo-wop.

Correa ridiculed posts in the TalkZone.

Correa tried to tell me to be happy.

1 Like