Brewster McCloud

Of course, Wikipedia has a list of movies set in Houston. Some are surprising, and some are so obvious it’ll make you want to kick yourself for not thinking of them.

I didn’t know before, but it’s perfectly obvious to me now, that Logan’s Run was filmed in the Hyatt Regency. I also only just realized from that clip that Logan’s Run predicted Tinder about 40 years early.

And now that I have been reminded of both Jenny Seagrove and Jenny Agutter…I’ll be in my bunk.

1 Like

Is Manfred the President?

I believe it was during Selig’s tenure.

Local Hero is a great movie. I really like Bill Forsythe. Also Mark Knofler’s soundtrack is really good.

1 Like

Unless I am very mistaken I once saw Local Hero on a double bill with Gregory’s Girl. I doubt it was a random pairing. Perhaps there was a common thread I have yet to deduce.

Gregory’s Girl also directed by Bill Forsyth. That was on cable a lot when I was a kid.

Got my haircut last week. First one since 3/13. I highly recommend it.

Haven’t had a haircut since January. I look like a shaggy dog.

That’s the same day as my last haircut. This is not a good look on me anymore.

I’ve been cutting my own hair. It looks the same when I give myself a crew cut as it does when I pay someone to do it. When you cut it all the same length, it’s kind of like mowing.

I finally cut my hair a couple of weeks ago. Of course, it had been over 3 years since my last haircut, so it was time.

1 Like

I can confirm this, too. I went to SJS from 1st grade till I graduated. I’ll never forget those uniforms. I always liked the fact that I never had to waste any time on what I was going to wear.

I hope y’all don’t forget Dolph Lundgren’s masterpiece, I COME IN PEACE, was also Houston based.