Astros @ BJs, July 2, 2024

Someone with a higher baseball IQ please explain why Cabbage entered the game as a PH for the dude who already had a walk, hit, and batting .375 on the year

1 Like

Well they made it interesting, I was about to watch something else when they were down 7-0, but they sucked me back in.

2 Likes

Because Espada is a dipshit.

3 Likes

Terrible management. And it wasnā€™t really that difficult a situation to manage well.

1 Like

Same. Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in.

Shit. Iā€™m proud of the boys for getting back into this one, but the more I think about Espada the more I want to punch him in the dick.

2 Likes

Cabbage is a better hitter than Salazar. I have no problem with that move.

Cabbage may be the better guy to get you 2 runs, but not 1.

Salazar is much more likely to get a single or get Pena to 3rd.

You manage to avoid the K in that situation.

Dubon was perfect for that spot

2 Likes

Have to win the next two to take the series since itā€™s four games.

Bunting and situational hitting has become such a lost art in todayā€™s game. When you have a leadoff double in a one-run game in the ninth inning, you should at least be able to advance him to third base at some point in the inning.

3 Likes

The Astros got a free Manfred Man and did nothing with it.

And I have seen no evidence that Cabbage is better than anyone at anything.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not aligned with that thinking in that situation.

1 Like

Warm Cesar Salad > cold Cabbage.

I just donā€™t see any advantage of Cabbage over Salazar in that situation. It was making a move just because you can. Cabbage never stood a chance in that at bat, and everyone except Espada saw it coming.

1 Like

Agree wholeheartedly. Pisses me off that bunting to move a runner has essentially become taboo in baseball. Fucking shame.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Short work week has me all discombobulated.

Loperfido has 1 sac bunt with the Stros so far in limited timeā€¦not sure if it was against high 95+ FB though.

I do know that his bat is scared of breaking balls down or down-in

Have you ever been ā€œcombobulatedā€?

Wouldnā€™t that require a combobulator? Or at least a whole lot of combobulating.

And for that matter, if we can combobulate something, can we rebobulate it? Or is bobulation the kind of thing that can only be done once?

2 Likes

Confarculated?

Has anyone checked the fetzer valves?

Have I ever been composed or in good working order? Highly doubtful.