Astros at Traveling A’s, 6/22/24

Oakland has played a lot better the last few weeks. They’re scoring a ton of runs.

I was V E R Y aware

What a fucking bucket full of puke that was. Just hand back that ground they made up against not horrible teams, awesome.

2 Likes

That was last year. He was at .103/.133/.103 this year when Oakland decided to cut him loose.

His strikeout after bunting runners to 2nd and 3rd early in the game gave me PTSD flashbacks from the '22 playoffs.

1 Like

Looks like i picked a great game to not watch

1 Like

Gracias for the correction. I did a very quick google search and apparently the article I picked for some reason had his last year’s stats when talking about him being cut.

I’m not happy about the loss of course but if the good guys can grab the next two I can live with that. Oakland has been playing well and that was not our best pitcher on the mound. Offense had their chances but double plays killed each and every one of them. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t bounce your way.

I’m somewhere between this and “This team has serious issues and are lucky to be where they are.”

6 Likes

Other teams (at least those brains) know that if they can navigate through the top three hitters, someone following them is likely to do them a favor. Last night Meyers played Santa Claus.

Reject the tyranny of either/or.

Embrace the maybe?

Oh, I think they are absolutely lucky to be where they are…probably an understatement given they have lost Javier & Urquidy and others for the season, plus large portions of season by JV & Tucker.

You and me both. I was a Lockhart State Park and, thankfully, couldn’t get a good signal.

1 Like

Tonight will be different!