A.I.T.A?

I got one for you. I’m taking a medication for years, then the insurance company decides to no longer cover that medication. I’d like to thank them for dictating my healthcare. Because now I’m having to do all kinds of other stuff.

So, both sides are working the system, but I’m thinking insurance is the ones making more of the money.

1 Like

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor…

Unless you change jobs; or you get laid off; or your insurance company drops your doctor; or your employer drops your insurance company…

But…freedom?

3.5 years and i can retire with my health insurance. That’s the reason I’m still in my job.

3 Likes

Nice!

I will have more than enough saved to retire at 60, but I suspect I will have to keep working until Medicare kicks in, because healthcare costs could wipe out those savings in a hurry.

Employer-based healthcare is a prison.

Here’s a tip veteran colonscopees know: schedule your procedure as early in the day as you can. You have to go without food for the entire day before, and if you have an afternoon procedure, you’ll end up going a day and a half without food.

2 Likes

Are you the asshole: Yes.

Does this thread have anything to do with it: No.

2 Likes

Winna! Winna!

1 Like

Just thought I’d bring it back around to the topic at hand.

1 Like

I called the clinic (because they didn’t call me back); they told me that they didn’t know what I was talking about as far as the fake constipation issue was concerned. I told them to check the doctors notes, which they did, and they are right, no mention of me having any complaint.

THEY CHANGED THE FUCKING RECORDS

They seemed a little taken aback when I told them I had screenshots of the original notes.

I am in the same boat. I will have enough money to retire at 60, but I would not have health insurance I could afford. So I will have to keep working. At 62, I’ll have to start working for free, as my yearly salary will come out of my pension benefit. At 65, if for some reason I still don’t have insurance or Medicare at the point, I’ll have to start paying to work. Just to keep healthcare.

1 Like

I retired at 61. Health insurance was close to $800 a month but I was able to get a group reduction through a retired CWA union and AT&T employee group plan, which knocked it down to only $150 a month. I was shocked and was reconsidering retirement before I realized the group reduction. I’m on medicare now and it’s much better than what I had before.

1 Like

No, YANTA.

Yes, ISYA.

1 Like

ISYO

I need to learn how to spell

INTLHTS

1 Like

What does the Illinois Youth Symphony Orchestra have to do with this?

This has nothing to do with Limey or colons or outrage but today I learned that a childhood friend is the CEO of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, which, abbreviated as TSO, of course, reminds me of where we used to go to get my brother’s glasses when we were little.

4 Likes

Is this a MadLib?

2 Likes

Those three things slot in together rather neatly, don’t they?

2 Likes

There was a TSO next to the Joanie and Joel’s shoe store in Port Arthur and the Wyatt’s Cafeteria in Orange iirc.