2021 MLB postseason

Yes, the Arozarena double. Schwarber was standing there looking at CF, and Arozarena wound up tripping over his foot and crashing and burning.

So is there a ghost runner at second?

No manfred ball for postseason

1 Like

So, yeah, that would be obstruction. And the penalty is to nullify the obstruction. So, they must have either not called it, which makes no sense if there was contact at all, or figured Arozarena would not necessarily have reached 3B. The latter makes more sense, but I didnā€™t see that part of the play.

Itā€™s a bad idea for the Postseason. Apparently

1 Like

Iā€™m more worried about facing the Rays. Neither will be easy though.

Canā€™t use such a rule for the most important games

Rays got rooked on that calls at 2B.

I was watching from outside, did he make it back to the bag before the tag?

I guess they concluded the Red Sox player touched his toe with the glove before he got his foot back on the bag. Otherwise, he was clearly safe.

1 Like

Safe or out, stupendously dumb to steal with Arozarena at the plate.

He did. At least I thought it was pretty clear and convincing.

1 Like

It was nowhere near clear that he was off the base when he was being tagged.

It was against the Red Sox. Whatā€™s clear got to do with it?

He had the bag. Two outs, trying to get in scoring position. It was a responsible chance.

On the view from first base, it looked to me like his toe may have come back off the bag after he initially got back to it. Really hard to tell conclusively, though.

Or it might have been pushed off.

Tampa just got fucked in the worst way.

Arozarena on 1sr, Kiermaier hits a ball deep to RCF, hits a foot below the top of their joke of a fence, bounces down and off the right fielder and ricochets off of him and over their joke of a fence. Umpires decide to keep Arozarena at 3rd, and Zunino makes the final out of the inning.

Umpires didnā€™t decide, thatā€™s the rule. Itā€™s a ā€œrulebook doubleā€, all runners get two bases from the time of pitch. Umpire has no discretion there.